The Center’s Advisory Board provides oversight and is composed of prominent academics, public figures, and business leaders. The Board meets annually and provides ongoing leadership and counsel regarding the Center’s activities.
The following individuals comprise the Advisory Board of the Columbia Global Centers | Amman:
- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah has been a tireless advocate of educational advancement in Jordan and helped create the vision for establishing the Center.
- His Excellency Kofi Annan, Nobel laureate and former Secretary-General of the United Nations, was named one of Columbia University’s three inaugural Global Fellows in 2009.
- Mustafa Abdel-Wadood, board Member of The Abraaj Group, a member of the Firm’s Investment Committee, and a member of the Management Executive Committee.
- Loulwa Bakr BUS '04, Founder and Managing Partner of Edu21 Group.
- Jean Magnano Bollinger TC '72, P: LAW '02, IA ’11, a practicing artist with an academic background in education; she received her master’s degree in education from Teachers College.
- His Excellency Amr Dabbagh P: CC '19, Chairman and CEO of Al-Dabbagh Group, Founding Chairman and Chair of the Board of Trustees of STARS Foundation, and former Governor and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority.
- Hanzade Doğan BUS '99, Founder of one of Turkey’s leading Internet investment companies, and serves as Deputy Chairman of Doğan Gazetecilik, a leading Turkish media company.
- Professor Meyer Feldberg, Senior Advisor at Morgan Stanley, and Professor and Dean Emeritus of Columbia Business School.
- Her Excellency Dr. Rima Khalaf Hunaidi is the Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA).
- His Excellency Zaid Al-Rifai is a former Prime Minister of Jordan and former President of the Senate of Jordan.
- Isam Salfiti P: BUS '00, CC '03, Chairman of Bank al Eithad and Chairman of the Board of Etihad Land Development Company and Jordan Hotels and Tourism Company.
- Mughith Sukthian BUS '01, Managing Director of GMS Specialized Services.
- Asem Toukan P: CC '17, General Manager and CEO of Support Services Company.
- Savio Tung SEAS '73, P: SEAS '01, BUS '11, Chief Executive Officer of North America Investcorp, and Trustee Emeritus of Columbia University.
- Elaine Wolfensohn is an expert in international education and has worked closely with the World Bank on education and gender issues. She also works with the Wolfensohn Development Center at the Brookings Institution.