Positions and Internships
- Work with program staff locally and across the network as well as Columbia University faculty to initiate, develop and implement programs
- Build and maintain relationships with local and regional academic institutions and other partners
- Keep abreast of and report on emerging issues both locally and regionally
- Prepare reports, concept papers and proposals, as required
- Represent the Center, as needed, in communicating the activities and programs undertaken by the Center to Columbia faculty, administrators, alumni and partners in the region
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- A Masters degree or an MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience on the national or international level as a project/program officer
Specific Skills Requirements for the Position
All candidates are required to possess and demonstrate the following skills: Project management and planning, negotiaton and analysis, problem solving, time-management, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure as part of a team, in addition to excellent ability to express oneself in English and Arabic both orally and in writing and excellent possession of word processing, database and spreadsheet skills. Experience in using Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Interested and competent candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter
by Thursday May 4, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should clearly specify the position of interest, otherwise will not be considered.
Salaries are market competitive and based on qualifications.
Volunteers and interns will have the opportunity to work on the Center’s research programs and participate in local and international conferences organized by the Center. Participants will gain work experience and a global perspective that will provide a competitive edge in achieving their career goals.
Specific duties for the interns and volunteers are as follows:
- Provide help with English document (including research reports, conference summaries, and other Center publications, etc.) drafting and proof-reading
- Participate in conference and event planning and organizing
- Assist Center staff with any other tasks related to managing and running research programs or activities
- Assist in office management
Qualifications for applicants
- Preferably fluent in both Arabic and English with writing skills in both languages
- Excellent translation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good team player
- B.S./B.A. degree or above preferred
Required application materials
- English writing sample
- The name of the person and his/her affiliation who referred you to the Center
- Work availability
To apply for an internship/volunteer opportunity with the Center, applicants should send the above documents in an email titled "Name-Position-Major" to email@example.com
After reviewing applications, we will arrange interviews with competitive candidates.