Symposium on Income Inequality and Social Policy in China: Achievements, Challenges, and Directions
October 22, 2016
8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Jingshi Hotel, Beijing Normal University.
Columbia University School of Social Work will host the "Symposium on Income Inequality and Social Policy in China: Achievements, Challenges, and Directions" jointly with the China Institute for Income Distribution on October 22, 2016 Saturday at Jingshi Hotel, Beijing Normal University.
The symposium includes some of the top experts on these topics in China and around the world from academia, the government, and international organizations such as the Asian Development Bank, UNICEF, and the World Bank. Topics discussed include income distribution, poverty reduction, child development, pension reform, and elder care, among others. The symposium is free and open to the public.
The symposium is supported by Beijing Normal University Business School, Columbia Weatherhead East Asian Institute, and Columbia Global Centers | Beijing.
Confirmed Speakers (in speech order) :
- Song Xiaowu, Director, China Institute for Income Distribution, Beijing Normal University
- Jeanette Takamura, Dean and Professor, School of Social Work, Columbia University
- Neeraj Kaushal, Professor of Social Policy, Columbia University
- Lu Mai, Secretary-General, China Development Research Foundation
- Wan Guanghua, Director of Research, Asian Development Bank Institute
- Wang feng, Professor of Sociology, University of California-Irvine and Fudan University
- Gao Qin, Associate Professor of Social Policy and Social Work, Columbia University
- Wang Dewen, Senior Social Protection Specialist, Human Development Sector Unit, The World Bank Beijing Office
- Luo Chuliang, Associate Dean, China Institute of Income Distribution; Professor of Economics, Beijing Normal University
- Sylvie Démurger, Research Professor, French National Centre for Scientific Research
- Jillian Popkins, Chief, Social Policy and Reform for Children at UNICEF China
- Luo Renfu, Associate Professor, School of Advanced Agricultural Sciences, Peking University
- Yu Jiantuo, Director, Research Department I, China Development Research Foundation
- Chris Wimer, Co-Director, Center on Poverty and Social Policy; Research Scientist, Columbia Population Research Center
- Yue Ximing, Professor, School of Finance, Renming University of China
- Wu Guobao, Professor, Rural Development Institute, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- Xu Yuebin, Professor, School of Social Development and Public Policy, Beijing Normal University
- Zhang Yanxia, Associate Professor, College of Humanities and Development Studies, China Agricultural University
- Liu Hong, Professor, Central University of Finance and Economics
- Liu Xitang, Director of Department of Social Assistance, Ministry of Civil Affairs
- Liu Hao, China Institute for Income Distribution, Beijing Normal University
Columbia University School of Social Work
China Institute for Income Distribution, Beijing Normal University
Beijing Normal University Business School
Columbia Global Centers | Beijing
Columbia Weatherhead East Asian Institute
Registration is not required. The event is free and open to the public.