The Center’s Advisory Board provides oversight and is composed of prominent academics, public figures, and business leaders. The Board meets annually and provides ongoing leadership and counsel regarding the Center’s activities.
The following individuals comprise the Advisory Board of the Columbia Global Centers | Rio de Janeiro:
· Marcelo Barbosa ’97LAW, Partner, Vieira, Rezende, Barbosa e Guerreiro
· Maria Silvia Bastos Marques, President, Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social (BNDES)
· Ana Cabral-Gardner ’04BUS Managing Partner, A:10 Investimentos and Assessoria
· Claudia Costin, Municipal Secretary for Education in the City of Rio
· Maria Tereza Fleury, Dean, São Paulo School of Business, Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo.
· Arminio Fraga, Founding Partner and Chief Investment Officer of Gavea Investimentos
· Gustavo Franco, One of Rio Bravo’s founding partners; Rio Bravo’s Chief Strategist and chairman of the board
· Marcelo Haddad, President of the Mayor’s Economic Development Commission
· Ann Kaplan ’72SW, ’77BUS, Partner, Circle Wealth Management, Columbia University Trustee
· Israel Klabin, President, FBDS (Fundação Brasileira para o Desenvolvimento Sustentável)
· Paulo Lacerda, Director de Operacoes, Odebrecht S.A.
· Jorge Paulo Lemann P: ’14CC, ’15CC, President and Chairman of the Lemann Foundation
· Fernando A. B. Prado ’80CC, Managing Director, FitPart Global Fund
· Paul Protasio, President of the Commercial Association of Rio de Janeiro (ACRJ)
· Lilia Sales, Vice-Rector, Universidade de Fortaleza
· Ricardo dos Santos, Jr. ’07BUS, Vice President, Enconpar S.A.
· Carlos Alberto Sicupira, Chairman, Brava Foundation
· Marcos Troyjo, Columbia School of International and Public Affairs faculty member and Director BRICLab