Members of Columbia University community, including faculty, staff, and registered students, participating in international Columbia Travel or organizing international student travel to China must continue to abide by the Columbia Community Health Compact, all relevant University Public Health Protocols, and the University International Travel Planning Policy.
As China is designated as Level 3: Reconsider Travel by U.S. Department of State, International Columbia Travel is subject to the following requirements. The Travel Advisories can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/china-travel-advisory.html.
International Personal Travel is also urged to postpone unless returning to home country, or for personal or medical emergencies. Review U.S. Department of State website for COVID-19-related risks and restrictions.
- Complete Travel Waiver (only applicable to Officers of Administration and graduate students).
- Have itinerary reviewed by ISOS.
- Secure written approval from the dean or head of administrative unit. (Please send the ISOS itinerary review and travel waiver, where applicable to [email protected] to initiate steps 3 and 4).
- Secure written approval from the Provost or, for CUIMC affiliates, from the EVP and Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and Medicine.
- Register approved travel with ISOS.
Applies to travel both from the U.S. to non-U.S. countries and between non-U.S. countries, including after a return to a non-U.S. country of residence.
Requests should be submitted prior to booking travel and at least 30 days prior to the commencement of travel.
Please contact [email protected] for more information.