Columbia Global Centers | Beijing invites you to a project presentation entitled "Application of AR in K-12 Education" featuring Professor Su CAI, Associate Professor at Faculty of Education in Beijing Normal University, and Dr. Shanshan GUO, alumna of Teachers College, Columbia University.
In the past year, this Project has further integrated AR technology with academic teaching regarding language, mathematics, science, chemistry, biology and other subjects in K-12 stage in China. The event will include a live lecture demonstrating this new method of teaching. In the meantime, representatives from three schools utilizing AR will also attend the presentation to speak on the change and development of the schools, teachers, and students.
As a part of the Beijing Center's Education Series, this event aims to understand the current situation of AR teaching in classroom and look into the future. We look forward to discussing and optimizing the efforts of AR to improve the quality and effectiveness of education with experts from all fields.
- Su CAI, Associate Professor at Faculty of Education in Beijing Normal University, China, Director of VR/AR+Education Lab, Vice Director of the Joint Lab for Mobile Learning of Ministry of Education-China Mobile Communications Corporation, Visiting Scholar at Teachers College, Columbia University
- Shanshan GUO, alumna of Teachers College, Columbia University
- Zhiyuan ZHANG, Principal of Helong High School in Honghu
- Fang LI, Head of AR Project, Helong High School in Honghu
- Hui XIANG, Computer Science teacher, Helong High School in Honghu
- Jun YE, Principal of Honghu Experimental School
- Wei WU, Director of the Office, Honghu Experimental School
- Wubing LIU, Physics teacher and Head of teaching group, Honghu Experimental School
- Meng NIE, Principal of NO.1 Primary School in Funan
- Hongmei DAI, Dean of Teaching Research Section in NO.1 Primary School in Funan
- Rui CHEN, Teacher of NO.1 Primary School in Funan
- The event will be in Chinese.
- Due to limited seats, registration will be verified through the QR code confirmation. Please present your QR code at the entrance.
- Registration begins 30 minutes prior to the program. Please plan to arrive no earlier than the registration time.
- If you are unable to attend the event, please inform us in advance.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected]