A conversation with R.A. Farrokhnia, Professor of Economics at Columbia Business School (CBS) and Executive Director at the Dean's Office of Advanced Projects and Applied Research in Fintech, and CamilaRusso, a leading journalist, author in the cryptocurrency space, and founder of "The Defiant," a media company focusing on decentralized finance.
During the live webinar, Farrokhnia and Russo will discuss topics including:
● Introduction to cryptocurrencies: What they are and what their value to society is
● Primer on Blockchain technology: The path to Web 3.0
● Differentiating the hype from reality in the space of cryptocurrencies
● Valuation of digital assets
● News, source and dissemination of cryptocurrencies
● Role of decentralized finance in the evolution of the financial system
Farrokhnia currently teaches the course “Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies and Digital Tokens Demystified” at CBS as well as Fintech courses at the School of Engineering, and is a lecturer and Board Member of the Knight-Bagehot Program at the Columbia Graduate School of Journalism. He is also leading, in conjunction with Columbia’s Executive Education program, a 2-day intensive course on cryptoassets in August 2021.
Russo is the founder of crypto content platform “The Defiant” and author of the book “The Infinite Machine: How an Army of Crypto-hackers Is Building the Next Internet with Ethereum.” She was a Bloomberg News reporter for eight years covering emerging markets, European stocks and digital assets from Buenos Aires, Madrid and New York City.
The interactive event will be chaired by Fernando Concha (CBS'18) and Jorge Domínguez (CBS‘15).