The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted traditional classrooms and academic cycles. Does the digital turn in education represent a new wave of pedagogy, and how are educational institutions in India dealing with it?
This interactive symposium, jointly organized by Columbia Global Centers | Mumbai and the U.S. Embassy’s American Center in New Delhi, will address best practices and challenges in adopting online teaching modules, safety and mental wellness measures, and academic inclusivity. Educators and administrators are invited to deliberate on models and mechanisms for designing effective education systems during and after the pandemic.
Session 1: Perspectives from E-Schooling
● Detra Price-Dennis, Associate Professor of Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
● Rajni Jaimini, English Lecturer, Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya, Directorate of Education, New Delhi
● Avnita Bir, Director-Principal, R.N. Podar School, Mumbai
● Shanthi Menon, Principal, The Deens Academy, Bangalore
● Kanchan Joshi, Principal, Cygnus World School, Vadodara
● Sheela Raghu, Principal, The Sanskaar Valley School, Bhopal
Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM (India)
Session 2: Perspectives from the E-University
● Ellen Meier, Professor of Computing and Educational Practice, Teachers College, Columbia University
● Ashok Kumar, Dean of Academics, Student Affairs, and Faculty Welfare, School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
● Niraj Mankad, Assistant Dean of Programs, FLAME University, Pune
● Abhoy Ojha, Dean of Academic Programmes, IIM Bangalore
● Bharat Ramaswami, Dean of Academic Affairs, Ashoka University, Sonepat
● Rajendra Shinde, Principal, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
Time: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM (India)
Please note that the sessions are open only to faculty, staff and administrative heads of schools and higher education institutions. Based on your registration responses, we will send you an email confirming your participation.