Ready to be a social entrepreneur or just want to learn more about it?
Calling all high school students to apply for our social entrepreneurship workshop between August 9 - 13, 2021, organized by Building Blocks at Columbia University and Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul. Join the future world changers, over 400 alumni across four continents, to develop ideas and projects that could change the world!
- Deadline extended to August 3 (11:59 p.m)!
- If selected for the workshop or wait-listed, you will receive a notification including the payment method no later than August 4.
- Payment for your registration fee (1000TL) must be received by August 6.
- The workshop will be conducted in English; participants should have an excellent command of both written and spoken English.
This course is designed to give high school students an introduction to social entrepreneurship and empower them to create innovative solutions for their local and global communities.
During the 5-day workshop, students will:
(1) Apply an entrepreneurial way of thinking to yield social impact
(2) Become familiar with the commonly used business model canvas and funding terms
(3) Speak to founders about their entrepreneurial journeys
(4) Design their own ventures and present their pitches
Day 1: Entrepreneurial Thinking - What is social entrepreneurship? Who is an entrepreneur? What problems exist and how can entrepreneurship be used to solve these problems?
Day 2: Business Model Canvas & Funding Strategies - What are the core elements of a
successful startup? How does one understand what a business does and how it makes money?
Day 3: Ideation - Where do new venture ideas come from? How do founders tackle major social problems? How can one improve society with a sustainable and/or profitable business model?
Day 4: Pitch Writing & Making - What is the role of storytelling in the venturing process? How do I tell a good story? What does it mean to have a good story?
Day 5: Pitch Practices & Competition - Final touches on your presentation and perfecting your pitches! What are the key takeaways from the course? How does this all fit together?
***Participants will receive a certificate of participation.***
About Building Blocks
In our interconnected and rapidly advancing society, innovation and entrepreneurship are becoming increasingly important. Building Blocks seeks to respond to these new dynamics by inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs. Building Blocks is is an initiative of Columbia Organization of Rising Entrepreneurs (CORE), the largest student-run organization at Columbia University, working to inspire, educate, and launch the next generation of student entrepreneurs.