Sıraselviler Cad. No:49 Yeni Hayat Apt. Kat:2 D:5 Beyoğlu 34433 İstanbul
Developed by Columbia University’s Committee on Global Thought in collaboration with Columbia Global Centers network, the Youth in a Changing World (or YCW) project asks, “How are youth around the world affecting and being affected by the rapidly changing world?” Through a series of workshops with youth around the world, this project will identify the commonalities and differences among global youth populations, towards producing concrete proposals for both global and local approaches to meet ongoing challenges.
The YCW workshop, which will take place at Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul office on Tuesday, November 5, 2019, will be one of several workshops that will span the globe in countries including the United States, Brazil, China, France, India, Jordan and Tunisia. Dr. Vishakha Desai, Columbia University Senior Advisor for Global Affairs to the President and Senior Research Scholar, School of International and Public Affairs, will lead the Youth in a Changing World workshop in Istanbul. Attendees will include 20 to 25 university students between the ages of 18 and 24. Through plenary sessions and small group interviews, the workshop will explore the project’s five interrelated thematic areas:
1) Aspirations and the future
2) Education and the future of work
3) Digital technologies, identity, & communication/connection
4) Security and wellbeing
5) Engagement with the world & youth as agents of change
The central goal of the workshop is to both gather the insights of youth participants and have them help shape a global conversation.
HOW TO APPLY
• You are invited to share your perspective as part of a global research project developed by Columbia University’s Committee on Global Thought in collaboration with Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul.
• You will receive a Certificate of Participation from Columbia University’s Committee of Global Thought and Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul.
• This is a closed workshop only open to selected participants.
•The selected participants for the workshop will be notified via email by Friday, October 25, 2019.
>> HERE you can apply to participate in the workshop until October 21.