Exclusive for Columbia Alumnae: Scholarship for Women in Leadership Program
We are delighted to announce that the Columbia Global Centers|Santiago will be financing four scholarships for the Women in Leadership program offered by the Executive Education division at Columbia Business School that will take place in New York on June 18-20, 2019.
These scholarships will cover tuition and roundtrip airfare. They are targeted only to Columbia alumnae living in Chile that are working in academia, non-for-profits (think-tanks, foundations, NGOs), government, international organizations, media outlets and start-ups.
Participants will learn time-tested techniques and practical ideas which women can apply immediately to their career and that can help combat performance-limiting biases. They will network with likeminded colleagues, and learn applicable skills for an immediate impact on their career and organizations.
During this three-day program, participants will learn how to:
- Articulate their vision and action plan for personal leadership
- Advocate for themselves, their team, and their collective ideas
- Establish strategic networks and leverage them in their career
- Engage supporters through compelling communications
- Overcome challenges to their visibility and authority
- Negotiate favorable outcomes and manage conflict
Who can apply?
Only those alumnae that have completed the registration template sent by the Global Center to all Chilean alumni will be eligible to participate. In case you haven’t registered yet, you can do it by accessing the form through this link.
The applications will be reviewed by the Executive Education Team in New York, which will select the four recipients of the scholarship.
- Be a Columbia Alumnae working in academia, non-for-profits (think-tanks, foundations, NGOs), government, international organizations, media outlets and start-ups.
- A minimum of six years of professional experience.
- CV in English, with information on education, professional experience and, if applicable, publications, volunteer work, awards, etc.
- Two-paragraph explaining why you want to participate on this course.
- Complete the attached form.
Send all the documents on PDF by March 15 to Jennifer Goez, director, Columbia Business School Executive Education at email@example.com.
Winners of the scholarship will have to secure their housing arrangements as well as their land transport and meals expenses (Columbia Staff in NY can provide details to nearby hotels with Columbia rates). They will also be required to purchase travel insurance.
Deadline for submission of the applications is March 15, 2019.
For questions contact:
- Karen Poniachik, director, Columbia Global Centers I Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Goez, director, Columbia Business School Executive Education at email@example.com