Columbia Global Centers | Nairobi, hosted “Moving the Agenda Forward for Nursing and Midwifery Clinical Research in Southern and Eastern Africa”, on July 8th – 9th, 2015 in Nairobi Kenya. Partners included:
- Columbia University School of Nursing
- School of Nursing Sciences University of Nairobi
- Kamuzu College of Nursing of the University of Malawi
- Forum for University Nursing Deans in South Africa
- WHO Regional Office for Africa.
The aim of the research summit was to promote regional and international relationships for increasing clinical research capacity in nursing schools in Africa and to emphasize the importance of conducting research on priorities identified by regional nursing and midwifery research experts. The participants agreed that the summit achieved its objectives of reaching consensus on identifying nursing research priorities, gaps, and barriers as well as creating an international infrastructure for addressing them. They also agreed that implementing critical research priorities will require the continued efforts of each of the participants and well as government and non-public sector collaborators.