December 2017 Programs
Welcome to Columbia Global Centers | Paris
An oasis in the heart of the city...
A gathering place for students and scholars...
... and now
"The true birthplace is the one wherein for the first time one looks intelligently upon oneself. For me, that would be 4 rue de Chevreuse." Reid Hall alum Caitlin Hawke
WHO WE ARE
Columbia Global Centers | Paris at Reid Hall in Paris is part of a network of eight centers established by Columbia University in the City of New York in pursuit of its mission to expand Columbia into a global university by engaging across borders and across disciplines.
Located in the heart of Montparnasse, Reid Hall over the past century has hosted international undergraduate and graduate programs, welcoming over 800 students per year. It has also played a significant role in trans-Atlantic cultural relationships by organizing lecture series, conferences, and artistic performances.
In pursuit of this mission, our Center:
- Creates new programs that explore the consequences of globalization
- Encourages Columbia faculty to teach classes, lead international workshops, give conferences, and pursue their research
- Facilitates the delivery of Columbia’s undergraduate and graduate programs in Europe
- Establishes partnerships with French and European educational and cultural institutions as well as with scholars
- Offers artists throughout the globe a forum to share their work with a diverse public
The Center hosts well over 100 events per year: concerts, readings, lectures, performances, conferences. All events organized by the Paris Center are free and open to the public unless otherwise indicated. To learn more about upcoming events and to receive invitations, please sign up for our mailing list.