Thank you for your interest in working with Columbia Global Centers | Beijing. Vacancies, when announced, will be displayed below.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant team and support the operations of one of Columbia’s highly regarded global centers. The Program Coordinator at the Beijing Global Center is integral in the planning, execution, and evaluation of research, education, and scholarly programs that align with The Centers and Columbia Global’s mission. This role encompasses a wide range of activities including program development, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and communications. The Program Coordinator will liaise closely with internal teams and external partners to ensure the effective and efficient realization of program goals.
- Supports the planning and implementation of programs in accordance with the objectives of the Beijing Global Center.
- Coordinates with various Columbia Global departments and Global Center stakeholders to arrange program logistics and ensure that all stakeholders have timely information about program implementation start to finish.
- Ensures programs are executed to high standards and meet all predetermined objectives and goals.
- Coordinates with the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team at NY headquarters to monitor the effectiveness and impact of program activities.
- Maintains all relevant data for use in tracking and analyzing, including data collection, input and reporting.
- Coordinates and supports evaluations of program effectiveness.
- Maintains effective communication with all relevant stakeholders, including beneficiaries, partners, and donors.
- Supports the development and implementation of communication plans to promote the visibility and impact of programs.
- Supports the development and management of program budgets, ensuring optimal allocation of resources.
- In collaboration with the Senior Operations Officer, reviews program expenditures and ensures compliance with financial policies and donor requirements.
- Identifies funding opportunities and contributes to the development of grant proposals.
- Assists in developing fundraising strategies and cultivating relationships with potential donors and partners.
Bachelor’s degree required with at least 1 to 3 years of relevant progessional expereince in program development, management, and implementation.
Additional Position-specific Qualifications
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software, and familiarity with social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an international multi-cultural environment.
- Confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced degree (i.e., MBA, Public Administration, etc.).
Required Application Materials
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover letter.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, applicants must send the required application materials described above in an email with the “Applicant’s name – Program Coordinator Position” in the subject line to [email protected]. After reviewing applications, the Global Center staff will arrange interviews with competitive candidates.