Columbia Global Centers | Rio de Janeiro is a hub for Columbia programs and initiatives relevant to Brazil. Established in 2013, the Center contributes to Brazil's academic and research environment, while also allowing members of the Columbia community to increase their knowledge and explore academic opportunities within Brazil. The Center works in collaboration with local universities, non-governmental organizations, and public institutions to design cross-cutting, innovative programs that aim to improve the understanding of global challenges through a transdisciplinary, transcultural and applied perspective.
We are now looking for a highly motivated and ambitious communications officer to join our growing team and work for one of the most prestigious universities in the world to build its presence in Brazil. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Communications Officer (Analista de Comunicação Sênior)
Working closely with the Global Center Director and the Global Center Program Manager, the successful candidate will take on the following responsibilities:
- All communication and outreach-related work, working closely with the Program Manager and the whole Global Center team;
- Design and implementation of a new Center communications strategy for the future, reaching audiences in Brazil and globally, including the Columbia University community in New York;
- In particular, liaison with the public media in Brazil to ensure that accurate information about Center programs reach the public domain;
- Monitor and evaluate data on Center activities with the goal of increasing Center visibility and impact in Brazil;
-Pro-active management of the Center’s website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, among others;
- Prepare and edit of all Center publications and management reports, including Annual Report, internal Columbia reports, and other written materials, including press releases, presentations, publicity materials, and scholarly articles;
- Liaise closely with the Global Centers communications and outreach teams in New York to support communication strategies spanning the entire Global Center network;
- Coordinate the production of Center events;
- As needed, assist the Center Program Manager in other program-related activities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as well as in Portuguese;
- Excellent organizational abilities including record keeping; conscientious, detail-oriented, and a team player;
- Verified experience in management of websites and social media platforms;
- Experience dealing with news and media a big plus; oral presentation skills helpful;
- Experience living abroad and knowledge of U.S. institutions of higher education a plus;
- Ability in graphic design for online and printed materials using such software as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Canvas a big plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA or similar a plus
>> Interested candidates should email CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31.
The successful candidate will receive an offer to start on (or about) July 1, 2019.
In case of any questions, contact Ilana Cac at email@example.com