Jobs and Internships
Thank you for your interest in working with Columbia Global Centers | Mumbai. Vacancies, when announced, will be displayed below; if you'd like to pursue an internship at the Center, please drop us an email.
Current Job Opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of the Mumbai Center, the Senior Program Officer (with domain expertise in urban studies or environmental studies) is responsible for the following activities:
- Designing programs and overseeing projects (dissemination of faculty research, developing training programs, and overseeing innovation challenges) according to the current priorities
- Engaging with faculty from across Columbia University for establishing programmatic activities, developing networks and partnerships with Indian institutions, including universities, research centers, government entities, private enterprises, and civil society organizations
- Executing programs and supervising logistical planning, budgets, publicity, and program execution
- Writing proposals and reports
- Participating in monthly calls with other program staff across the Columbia Global Centers network and attending occasional program meetings
- Traveling on occasion in India and abroad to advance the goals of the Center
- Performing other duties as are required to meet the goals and mission of the Center and the global centers network.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Post-graduate degree, preferably in the social sciences, with domain expertise in urban studies or environmental studies; a doctoral degree is desirable
- Relevant work experience of 7-10 years in program management in a related field is required
- Advanced degrees from the United States strongly preferred
- Familiarity with networks of relevant stakeholders in India, prior work experience in Mumbai city strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English required
- Excellent coordinating skills and a passion for public programming
- Ability to work responsibly, take initiative, and generate new ideas
- Willingness to work flexibly and collaboratively with a small yet growing team
To apply, please send a copy of your current resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 8, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.