Jobs and Internships
Columbia Global Centers l Paris
Reports to: Director, Administrative Director, Operations Manager
Interfaces with: Finance, Programming, Resident Academic Programs, the Institute for Ideas and Imagination.
Location: The position is in Paris, France. Candidates must be authorized to work in France. The Administrative Coordinator will be employed by Reid Hall Inc., under French labor law, and not as a Columbia University employee.
Brief Description of the Position: The Administrative Coordinator will assist the Director and Administrative Director in running Reid Hall and the Columbia Global Centers l Paris. The incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office, developing and implementing operational processes that ensure the efficiency, organization, and effectiveness of the office.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade: Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 4 years related experience.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
- Authentically fluent in both English and French.
- Proven record of success in working in an administrative capacity, either in the United States or abroad.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and coordinating relationships with diverse populations.
- Able to exercise exceptional judgment along with exceptional organizational, interpersonal, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Must be excellent at multi-tasking.
Assist the Center’s Director and Administrative director
- Maintain agendas and provide regular calendar reminders as necessary
- Organize meetings (both staff and general)
- Oversee monthly reports
- Fill out annual event tracking forms
- Proofread and edit documents
- Translate documents as necessary from English to French and French to English
- Maintain statistics (student numbers, enrollment breakdowns, etc.)
- Work with Administrative Director to perform annual security assessments
- Update all security documentation as needed
- Respond to all room reservation requests
- Enter and track classroom, conference room, studio reservations through the internal database system
- Create and distribute/post all class schedules (fall, spring, summer terms) for member programs
- Confirm classroom use by member programs for each billing cycle (with financial team)
Logistics of conference room and classroom use
- Work closely with Operations Manager to create weekly logistical schedules
- Provide details of conference room and any exceptional classroom reservations, such as set-up and technical needs
- Participate in weekly staff planning meetings to coordinate for upcoming weeks
Support for workshops/conferences/etc.
- Interface directly with all Columbia and Columbia-related groups to ensure set-up, materials, A/V needs, catering, restaurant and hotel reservations, etc.
- Order and pick up supplies, sandwiches, coffee, etc.
- Occasional presence may be necessary weekends, early morning, and evenings
- Coordinate with outside groups holding events at Reid Hall to assess their needs (names of caterers, hotels, etc.)
Administrative support work
- Maintain the online student and faculty directory
- Create Wi-Fi accounts and ID cards prior to each program start date
- Update member list and Reid Hall information packets
- Organize directors’ meetings
- Troubleshoot with member programs
- Order and oversee office supplies
- Reception duties one day/week and when needed
- Oversee Reid Hall postings (bulletin boards, totems, electronic screens)
Other duties as needed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.