Jobs and Internships
Thank you for your interest in working with Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul. Vacancies will be announced to our mailing list and displayed below. Click here to subscribe to our mailing list.
Join the Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul team!
Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul serves as a hub for Columbia University programs and initiatives relevant to Turkey and the region. The Istanbul Center aims to contribute to the academic and research environment of Turkey across a variety of fields, while also allowing members of the Columbia community to increase their knowledge and explore academic opportunities within Turkey.
The Istanbul Center welcomes applications for the position of Program Officer. This is a stimulating and intellectually challenging role with considerable growth potential, ideal for a versatile, committed and energetic person with an interest in working at the intersection of higher education and civil society.
Based in Istanbul and reporting to the Director of Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul and to the designated Program Manager, the Program Officer will provide general programming support to the Center’s current and upcoming projects. The Program Officer will effectively contribute to the Istanbul Center’s program portfolio by being actively involved in all programs and events with themes ranging from gender studies, public health and migration to sustainable development, art and history.
- Provide support to the implementation of programs from inception to completion,
- Plan and manage logistics associated with events such as workshops, meetings, exhibitions as well as for publications
- Support the Program Manager and Director in liaising with relevant Columbia schools and faculty on the development and implementation of programs
- Support outreach and engagement efforts with diverse counterparts in Turkey, such as universities, scholars, networks, alumni, civil society, media, and official bodies
- Contribute to the development of proposals for new projects
- Develop, monitor and report on project budgets, liaise with vendors
- Collaborate with the Communications staff on program-related communications efforts (print and on-line) and their alignment with Columbia communications policies
- Track relevant programs and research initiatives at universities in Turkey, including documenting proceedings
- Develop and maintain databases of contacts and guests who have participated in the Istanbul Center related programs and activities
- Performing other duties as required to meet the goals and mission of the Center and the global centers network.
Although the position is based in Istanbul, it may require travel to New York or other cities in which Global Centers are based.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of related experience. Previous experience work experience within an international setting or institution is a plus.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience in liaising with diverse work teams, ability to engage cross-functional partners and partner with diverse interests across university settings and beyond.
- Native Turkish speaker and near-native English speaker preferred.
- Excellent coordination skills, and ability to work responsively and coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and ability to effectively use Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp and website software.
- Experience in management of online and offline events
- Work experience or education in an international institution (especially in the United States) highly desirable.
Qualified and interested candidates are kindly requested to send a cover letter and CV to: Gülden Çolakel, Administrative Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 17, 2020.