Jobs and Internships
Thank you for your interest in working with Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul. Vacancies will be announced to our mailing list and displayed below. Click here to subscribe to our mailing list.
Based in Istanbul and reporting to the Director of Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul (CGC | Istanbul), the Program Manager leads the planning and implementation of the Center’s current and upcoming projects. The Program Manager oversees the Istanbul Center’s diverse program portfolio, applying strategic insight, precision, innovation and lateral/synergistic thinking in shaping and implementing Columbia programs in Turkey, so as to deliver optimal levels of success and impact. The role calls for a self-directed, responsive individual who is able to multi-task, takes initiative and demonstrates a high-level of responsibility towards fulfilling the objectives of Columbia University’s (CU) global mission and strategy.
- Lead the planning and implementation of programs from the stage of conceptualization to completion in consultation with the Director, overseeing their execution at the highest level of quality in line with organizational standards,
- Serve as a main liaison for Columbia faculty and administrators as well as partners in Turkey in programming efforts,
- Identify and advance strategic opportunities to develop collaborative programs between CGC and counterparts in Turkey and the region,
- Support the Director in outreach and engagement efforts with diverse counterparts in Turkey and the region, such as universities, scholars, networks, alumni, civil society, media, and official bodies,
- Represent the Center at events and in meetings with key constituents,
- Author and prepare reports and presentations for Columbia leadership, Boards, committees and other stakeholders,
- Oversee logistics associated with events such as workshops, meetings, exhibitions as well as for the production of publications,
- Collaborate with the Communications staff on program-related communications efforts (print and on-line) and their alignment with Columbia communications policies,
- Line-manage program staff, ensuring that organizational standards of performance are met,
- Lead the team’s efforts in serving as a resource for CU faculty and students and also for the CGC global network regarding Center-related matters.
Although the position is based in Istanbul, it will require travel to New York or other cities in which Global Centers are based.
- Master’s degree preferred. Minimum eight years of related experience, with a solid track record of successfully managing international programs.
- Must be hardworking, detail-oriented, accurate and have superb organizational skills.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience in liaising with diverse work teams, ability to engage cross-functional partners and partner with diverse interests across university settings and beyond.
- Excellent English and Turkish language and writing skills.
- Must be able to work well independently and under pressure and coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work remotely and locally with teams.
- Must be able to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and ability to effectively use Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp and website software.
To apply, please send a copy of your current resume and a cover letter to email@example.com till October 31, 2019.