WE ARE HIRING!
Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul is looking to hire a highly motivated and organized individual for the position of Communications Officer to develop and maintain the Center’s communication material, outreach efforts, and media presence. In this role, the Communications Officer will work with the Program Manager at the Istanbul Center, as well as in coordination with the Programming and Operations departments, and with the New York office and other Global Centers around the world.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience and programs.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, invitations, website content, annual reports, and speeches that communicate the Center's events, and programs.
- Update the Center’s website content and visuals on a regular basis.
- Maintain and grow the Center’s social media channels and presence.
- Support the Center’s outreach efforts, and foster and maintain good working relations with the media.
- Ensure consistency in terms of voice, branding, messaging, and frequency of posting via digital channels.
- Build up and maintain the Center’s database.
- Maintain photo, video, and media archives of the Center’s activities and events.
- Create short videos and stories of faculty, students, fellows, and experts.
- Carry out other relevant tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or other relevant degrees.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent command of English and Turkish (written, oral, comprehension).
- Outstanding news-writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including social media and multimedia skills, plus strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently in a global multi-cultural environment, across multiple time zones.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) are desirable.
- An advanced understanding of social media management, video editing, and web technologies: including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, video conferencing (Zoom), graphic design software, Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram/ LinkedIn/ YouTube/ Soundcloud, Mailchimp, and other digital communications tools.
- Understanding of the technical concepts involved in implementing web communications.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (both in English) in PDF format via email to Gülden Çolakel ([email protected]) by January 31, 2022.