The Personal Information Protection Law of the People’s Republic of China (PIPL in English) is a national data privacy law that went into effect November 1st, 2021. The PIPL is designed to protect the privacy and personal information of Chinese citizens, and will require compliance initiatives on the part of Chinese organizations and foreign companies operating in China.
The PIPL provides a number of rights to Chinese individuals that include the following: the Right to be Informed, the Right to be Forgotten/Erasure, and the Right to Rectification. If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact the Beijing Center’s personal information controller.
Personal information controller: Beijing Columbia International Consulting Co., Ltd. (Beijing Center)
Address: No. 26 1F Core Plaza, No.1 Shanyuan Street, Zhongguancun, Haidian District, China 100080 | Beijing
Contact Info: [email protected]
I. Beijing Center’s program/event
If you would like to attend our program/event, you need to fill the registration form and ticking this Consent Note and/or related agreement and clicking the corresponding button.
II. Collection and Use of Personal Information
1. we will collect your personal information as follows:
- Mobile no.
- Student ID
- Company name, address, and title
2. We will collect and use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information regarding relevant events
- to verify the registration details of your participation in our activities
- to manage the customer relationship, especially our response(s) to your request(s)
When we intend to use your personal information for other purposes unspecified in the preceding paragraphs, we will seek your prior consent.
3. We will not share your personal information with a third party without your prior separate consent, unless in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with our affiliated entities who are located outside of China, i.e., Columbia University (address: [●], contact info: [●]), and Columbia Global Centers LLC (address: [●], contact info: [●]), who will use your information for the purposes specified in this Consent Note. If you wish to exercise your rights under applicable laws in China against the overseas data recipients, please contact the overseas data recipients via the aforesaid contact information.
- We may disclose your personal information, if necessary to perform a statutory duty or obligation.
4. We will take appropriate safeguards, and technical and organizational measures to prevent any alteration of, loss of, or unauthorized access to, your information.
III. Storage and Protection of Personal Information
1 In general, personal information collected and generated by us within the People’s Republic of China will be stored in the People’s Republic of China. Unless specified in this Consent Note, we will not transfer your personal information outside of China.
2. Unless otherwise required by law or agreed with you separately, we will store information for a necessary period at your request for providing the services.
3. The security of your personal information is very important to us. We will be in strict compliance with the relevant laws and regulations, and take reasonable and feasible measures as widely accepted in the industry to protect your personal information.
IV. Aggregation and Consolidation of Personal Information
Where you are also a user of our other business platforms of which we also act as personal information controller, in order to provide you with more optimized contents, we will aggregate and consolidate your different information obtained from different business platforms, analyze your behavior on different platforms for providing you with more comprehensive and professional services.
1. Involved business platform and personal information, including:
- Business platform:
Official WeChat account: ColumbiaGlobalCenter
Official Newsletter: [email protected]
- Personal information:
Profile photo, Name, Gender, Region, phone No., and User behavior, such as commenting, liking, and reading articles
2. Usage and purpose of personal information:
- Based on the analysis of your behavior, judgements will be arrived at as to the relevant contents that you (may be) are interested in or (may) need.
- You will accordingly be provided with more accurate contents, such as WeChat posts, and Emails related to activities and exhibitions.
- If you would like to reject to be provided with contents based upon the analysis of your behavior, you may send an email notice to us via [email protected]。
V. Inquiry, Cancellation, Suggestion, and Complaint
- If you wish to inquire about and rectify your registration status or personal information, you may send an email to [email protected]
- If you wish to cancel your registration, you may send an email to [email protected]
- If you have any suggestions or complaints about our services, you may send an email to [email protected], we will reply to you within 10 working days upon receiving your suggestions or advice and verifying your user identity.