City Diplomacy Lab
Headed by Lorenzo Kihlgren Grandi, PhD, the City Diplomacy Lab at Columbia Global Centers | Paris is an unprecedented alliance between scholars and practitioners of cities' international action. It deploys a multi-disciplinary methodology to expand the understanding and practice of city diplomacy and advise its evolution.
The Lab's primary output consist of:
- Research: The Lab provides much-needed theoretical framing, reliable data, and comparative analyses of the vast array of bilateral and multilateral city actions and campaigns.
- Education and Training: By combining theory with empirical evidence, the Lab trains university students and municipal, national, and international officers in matters of city diplomacy.
- Practice: The Lab streamlines and strengthens the evolution of city diplomacy by empowering municipalities and a wide array of local and international actors through strategic advising.
To fulfill its triple vocation, the Lab adopts a three-layered governance model, composed of:
- The Management: based at Columbia Global Centers | Paris and formed by an international and experienced staff of city diplomacy researchers and professionals
- The Scientific Committee: its distinguished external scholars advise and assess all research and teaching conducted at the Lab
- The Advisory Board: formed by key city diplomacy actors, it supports the Lab and participates in defining its action.
The Lab on social media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CityDiploLab
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/citydiplomacylab/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CityDiplomacyLab
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/citydiplomacylab/