Positions and Internships
Receptionist / Administration Assistant
- Welcome and escort the Center’s guests, receive and transfer all calls and respond to general inquiries
- Monitor and control visitor access when required
- Manage all internal and external Center shipments
- Identify and recommend appropriate vendors for operational and facilities purposes
- Prepare purchase orders and expense reports for materials and services procurement, related to daily operational activities
- Provide clerical support for staff by maintaining files, creating documents, assisting with data entry, photo-copying, making phone calls, handling appropriate reservations, and booking external activities
- Order and receive stationery supplies and maintain an updated inventory
- Assist with events organized and held by the Center
- Carry out other duties as required
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in administration or relevant field
- Up to 2 years of experience in a similar function
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command in English and Arabic, both oral and written
All candidates are required to possess and demonstrate the following skills: time-management, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure and as part of a team, in addition to excellent possession of word processing, database and spreadsheet skills. Experience in using Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Interested and competent candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter by Sunday, August 18th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should clearly specify the position of interest, otherwise will not be considered. Salaries are market competitive and based on qualifications.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on the Center’s research programs and participate in local and international conferences organized by the Center. Participants will gain work experience and a global perspective that will provide a competitive edge in achieving their career goals.
Specific duties for the interns and volunteers are as follows:
- Provide help with English document (including research reports, conference summaries, and other Center publications, etc.) drafting and proof-reading
- Participate in conference and event planning and organizing
- Assist Center staff with any other tasks related to managing and running research programs or activities
- Assist in office management
- Preferably fluent in both Arabic and English with writing skills in both languages
- Excellent translation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good team player
- B.S./B.A. degree or above preferred
Required application materials
- English writing sample
- The name of the person and his/her affiliation who referred you to the Center
- Work availability
To apply for an internship/volunteer opportunity with the Center, applicants should send the above documents to email@example.com.
After reviewing applications, we will arrange interviews with competitive candidates.